Monday, October 22, 2012

*Gluten Free Eats: The Difficulty of Breakfast

Breakfast is Served.

Contemplating what to eat each morning is a very difficult decision. I quickly tire of the limited options I have available to me and since my last meal was over 12 hours ago- the last thing I want is a bunch of prep work. The solution? Cereal. 


$3.99 at Fresh & Easy

 Besides Chex  (I Hate Chex), the likely hood of finding a gluten free cereal at my local grocery store is not likely. And once I do, it taste like cardboard. Once I add in my sliced bananas, raisins and a pour of coconut milk, Enjoy Life's Crunchy Flax is tasty. Admittedly, a little cardboard- y but palatable. It stays crunchy till the last spoonful but not crunchy enough to crack my teeth.

I know those nuggets look hard as rocks- they aren't!

During the summer months, my main stay was a slice of g-free bread with a spread of almond butter and a glass of coconut milk. Two hours later I was famished. Since this contains 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, I have to remind myself to eat lunch. No more angry stomach!



*If you noticed, I did not title this post "Vegan Eats". Although this cereal is gluten free, it does contain honey. The nutritional benefits, cost, and availability of this cereal out way the minuscule amount of honey it contains.  This does not make me any less of a vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment